- December 2020 / Announcements
A More Balanced World in 2020
Like every individual, family, and organization around the world, A More Balanced World had to deal with the new realities of COVD-19 in 2020. However, in spite of the many challenges brought on by the pandemic, our team around the world continued to drive forward our mission of creating a more balanced world by adapting to these new realities. As the year comes to a close, we are proud of and grateful to our volunteers, donors, sponsors, and partner organizations worldwide who helped us navigate this unusual year.
As social distancing mandates for the pandemic set in during the first quarter of 2020, it became clear that we had to operate differently this year. Not being able to hold in-person annual events, meant that a healthy portion of our annual revenue from the proceeds of these events would vanish. In parallel, the needs of our students started to change quickly, as loss of jobs, lack of access to food, and need for online learning tools threatened their livelihood and required additional funds.
Some of our key accomplishments this year were:
- In the U.S., we increased level of support for food, hygiene products, remote learning devices, WiFi, utility bills, school supplies and other necessities to students struggling to stay afloat.
- In June and September, members of our Youth Program jumped in to collect food and personal care products to distribute among college students and families with young children.
- Across the globe, we supported many of our students to obtain remote learning tools, including laptops, tablets, and online access to help them continue their studies during the pandemic.
- We revamped our website and constituent database allow much easier posting of updates and easier navigation to find information, and to keep better track of our interactions with you.
- We increased our Holiday Fundraising goal for this year to $50,000, compared to $25,000 for 2019, to make up for the increased costs related to the pandemic. We also intensified our promotion efforts to help achieve this higher goal.
- Enabled multiple special projects in Iran, organized by Circle of Hope group to help deprived communities impacted by flood, COVID-19 pandemic and with school related expenses of children, living under the poverty line.
- Our partner organization in Uganda, Pearl Community Empowerment Foundation (PCE), also ran special projects in 2020 that included Distribution of food, sanitizing supplies to villages in Eastern Uganda; poultry project; establishment of a bakery shop to help pay for education of the impoverished youth.
Thank you for your continued support of A More Balanced World! None of our accomplishments would’ve been possible without you!
With best wishes for the new year!
A More Balanced World